1 apple, large
2 teaspoons orange juice
1 cup carrots, grated
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, packed in juice, drained
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup granola cereal
- Wash the apple and cut it into 4 wedges. Carefully cut out the core and seeds. Cut the wedges into small cubes with a sharp knife and place them in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the orange juice over the apple cubes and toss to coat evenly with the juice. This prevents the apples from turning brown and adds flavor.
- Wash and prepare carrots then place in the bowl wth the apple cubes. Add the raisins and pineapple.
- Add the yogurt and toss until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Serve in small bowls. Add topping of choice.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruit and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 30 mg