4 medium pears, peeled, cored, and cubed
4 medium apples, peeled, cored and cubed
vegetable oil cooking spray
1 cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons water
1 lemon, juice, and grated peel
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 cup vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place oven rack in middle.
- Wash and prepare pears and apples. Put in shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with cranberries. Sprinkle water over pears, apples, and cranberries.
- Grate lemon peel and squeeze lemon juice. Sprinkle peel over fruit mixture. Set juice aside.
- Mix brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg. Divide this mixture in half and sprinkle half over the fruit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the other half of the brown sugar mixture with rolled oats and flour.
- Mash the butter into the mixture until crumbly.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm in bowls and top with yogurt if desired.
Serving size: (without yogurt): 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 5 mg