1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
1 1/2 cups canned corn, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
dash red pepper (optional)
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a skillet or saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add zucchini, corn, tomatoes, and spices.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fish or chicken.
- You can use fresh or frozen corn instead of canned.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 140 mg