13/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1/4 cup low-fat (1%) or skim milk
11/2 cups potato, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk into mashed potatoes.
- Add mashed potato mixture to flour mixture and stir until it is a soft dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface until it is a circle that is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges (like you are cutting a pizza).
- Put on a baking sheet sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with your favorite fruit spread or jam.
- For a cheesy flavor, add parmesan cheese on top of each cake before baking.
- For a savory flavor, sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon rosemary (dried and crushed) on top of each cake before baking.
Serving size: 1 (3-ounce) cake
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/8 cup
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 290 mg