1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried and crumbled
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
8 tortillas (8-inch size), whole wheat
2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
12 black olives, pitted and sliced (optional)
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
1/4 pound Feta cheese, crumbled
To make the dressing:
- Add lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese, and oregano to a bowl.
- Gradually add oil until well blended.
To make the salad:
- Wash and prepare vegetables and oregano (if using fresh).
- Toss all ingredients together with dressing.
- Steam tortillas by placing them on a plate in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Place 3/4 cup of salad filling in the center of the tortilla wrap.
- Fold right and left sides of the wrap into the center.
- Roll tortilla towards the top of the wrap until filling is fully enclosed.
- Cut in half diagonally and enjoy.
- Serve soon after preparing.
Serving size: 1 tortilla with about 3/4 cup filling
Fruits and Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 540 mg