2 cups skinless cooked chicken breasts, diced
11/2 cups grapes, seedless
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
1 medium apple, cored and sliced
1/3 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup raisins
2-4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
2-4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
sprigs of thyme, optional
- Wash and prepare fruit, celery, and herbs (if using fresh).
- Dice cooked chicken.
- Combine all ingredients except thyme and mix well.
- Garnish with thyme if desired.
- Always thaw meat in the refrigerator and never on the counter.
- Wash hands and everything that comes in contact with raw meat in hot, soapy water before touching other ingredients, equipment and work places. This avoids cross-contamination.
- Serve in whole-wheat pita pockets.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts, if desired.
Serving size: about 1/2 cup (using 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and yogurt)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 80 mg