4 fresh apples, washed, cored, and sliced thinly
1 (16-ounce) can of whole cranberry sauce
2 teaspoons butter, unsalted, melted
2 individual packets of instant flavored oatmeal or Oatmeal Mixture
1 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Wash and prepare apples.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and apples. Pour into 8"x8" baking pan.
- Combine melted soft butter with oatmeal or oatmeal mixture until well blended. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes until the topping is crisp and brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
- The peel on the apples adds fiber.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 20 mg