1/2 cup carrots, sliced
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup cabbage, sliced
1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pound chicken meat, skin removed, cut into bite-sized cubes (about 1/2-inch)
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
1-2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
1 cup chicken broth, low-fat, low-sodium
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Prepare chicken and marinate for 30 minutes in soy sauce in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet. Cook chicken pieces until thoroughly cooked, stirring often. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon.
- Add carrots to skillet. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add green onions, cabbage and broccoli. Cook until vegetables are tender-crisp, about another 2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Mix cornstarch, garlic powder, and ginger into chicken broth. Pour into skillet.
- Stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return chicken and vegetables to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
- Always thaw meat in the refrigerator and never on the counter.
- Wash hands and everything that comes in contact with raw meat in hot, soapy water before touching other ingredients, equipment and work places. This avoids cross-contamination.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 9 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 440 mg