3 cups berries, fresh: 1 cup each of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
1 1/2 cups water
vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, non-fat or low-fat (optional)
- Gently wash berries.
- Make berry pancake topping by mixing berries and preserves in saucepan over medium hear for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Prepare pancake mix and water in a large bowl according to package directions. Cook on preheated griddle or frying pan sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. The batter should make 6 to 8 pancakes about 5-6 inches in size.
- Top each pancake with 1/2 cup hot berry mixture and roll up.
- If desired, top each rolled pancake with one tablespoon vanilla yogurt.
- Use any kind of fresh berries, depending on price or what's in season.
Serving size: 1 pancake with berry mixture and yogurt
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 490 mg