2 medium batatas or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
3 medium apples, peeled and cut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Wash and peel batatas. Cut batatas in quarters and then into 1/4-inch slices.
- Repeat with the apples, removing the core and seeds after quartering.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Place half the batatas and apples in a baking dish coated with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with half the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and oil.
- Layer the rest of batatas, apples, brown sugar mixture, and oil.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve as a side vegetable to any dish.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1 tablespoon grated orange rind to the sugar and cinnamon for a crunchy texture or citrus flavor.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 20 mg