1 large potato, washed
1 small onion, chopped
vegetable cooking spray
2 eggs, beaten
pepper as desired
2 slices turkey bacon, low-fat
4 corn tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
- Scrub potato under cold running water.
- Pierce potato several times with a fork or knife. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. When done, chop into small cubes.
- Chop onions into small pieces and saute in a non-stick pan, using cooking spray.
- Add potato and beaten eggs to the onions and scramble until eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle pepper on the potato mixture as desired.
- Cut turkey bacon into four pieces. Microwave according to package directions.
- In microwave, warm tortillas in slightly moist paper towels for 15 seconds.
- Place one piece of turkey bacon and spoon 1/4 of the potato mixture onto each burrito. Top with 2 tablespoons salsa and roll tortilla closed.
- Serve for breakfast or with a vegetable for lunch or dinner.
- Leaving the skin on the potato adds extra fiber and nutrients.
- Use leftover cooked potato to save time.
- Try whole-wheat tortilla for added fiber.
Serving size: 1 burrito
Fruits and Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 4.5 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sodium: 400 mg