Join Massachusetts' largest green industry associations - MFGA and MNLA - for their annual collaborative event, the 2014 Summer Conference and Trade Show on Thursday, July 24th. Take advantage of the newest ideas and cutting edge information, demonstrations, trade show, networking and great food!
Featuring Keynote speaker: Dr. Michael Dirr, University of Georgia for an eye opening look at the future in plant materials.
3 pesticide credits in English language plus one in Spanish language
For complete program details and registration information visit http://www.mnla.com/mnlamfga-summer-conference-and-trade-show
- New State Nutrient Management Requirements for Professionals and Homeowners
Mary Owen, University of Massachusetts Extension
- Invasive Plants
Jessica Lubell, University of Connecticut
- Best of the Best Herbaceous and Woody Plants
Bruce Crawford, Director of Rutgers Gardens, Rutgers University
- Evaluate, then Recycle, Reuse and Refresh, Landscape Plantings
Gary Koller, Koller & Associates
- New Options for Pest Management for the Greenhouse, Nursery and Landscape
Michael Oleykowski, Syngenta Ornamental Controls and Bioline – Northeast
- Annual Trial Gardens at Elm Bank
David Fiske, Director of Trial Gardens, Massachusetts Horticultural Society
- What’s New Under the Big Tent
Chris Kennedy, Kennedy Country Gardens, Scituate, MA
- Considerations of Using Mulch
Randy Prostak, University of Massachusetts Extension
- Keynote Presentation: The Future in Plant Materials
Dr. Michael Dirr, University of Georgia
Topics for pesticide credit: Invasive Insects of Massachusetts for Landcare Workers (English and Spanish); New Options in Control Strategies for the Greenhouse, Nursery and Landscape; Selecting and Using Backpack Sprayers.
Co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Flower Growers Association and Massachusetts Nursery and Landscape Association